Sunday, April 29, 2007

Day Nine: Home Again

We actually overnighted in the capital of Vermont last night after driving up from Rutland after our event. (A side note here I cannot pronounce the Capital of Vermont correctly so I just refer to it as the Capital.) Much to my delight and I think the delight of both David and Monalisa the people we stayed with not only had an adorable chocolate lab, but also goats and chickens. So in the morning we were presented with an absolutely amazing breakfast of fresh scrambled eggs and all the trimmings. It was quite the feast. I am fairly certain this is one of the best meals we ate the entire time we were on the road.

After this incredible meal we hit the road for our last event. By this point we had it down to a science. From set up to who was saying what to break down we all knew what to do to have a smooth event.

As usual the people we encountered were phenomenal; the questions were insightful and the event was powerful.

We then headed back to DC for our final few events in the district. Monalisa had the chance to stay with a local TAC supporter, Sammie.

And then it was over. I am still grappling with the fact that tour is finished. I feel like I am going to wake up tomorrow and look at my itinerary and grab a quick bite join up with David and Monalisa and head some place new to talk to some more amazing people.

Maybe next fall....

No comments: